Thursday, April 10, 2008

If you are too busy for God you are busier than HE intended you to be.


Don't forget that Sunday starts our "Soldiers of the Cross" series. I remember when I went to boot camp in the Navy. The arrival, the rush and the haircut. Hmm I might share that in real time during this series. Josh, you got them clippers? ( You know who you are.) One Prayer is coming up too. Hey we made the web page. What a great time that will be. Check it out at www.oneprayer.com. So far the only two churches in Anderson participating is Newspring Community Church and Lakeview Baptist. I am looking forward to the series and hearing some of the teachers who will be speaking. I still have not picked out my three yet. Praying about it. God will lead me to the right speakers for us at Lakeview.
Boy, it is tough trying to figure out all the little gadgets and gizmo's that it takes to make a blog page work. I have been busy trying to figure out how to work photo uploads and prepare to place items onto this site. One thing I cannot do. I cannot let this interfere with my prayer, devotion or study time. I try to get alone and post something. But, if I miss it once in a while, well you understand. I was talking to a fellow the other day about church attendance and study time and he brought up this old excuse. He said, Well Pastor, I am just too busy to come to church. He went on to say. Sometimes I work 18 and 20 hours a day. I ask him who gave him the strength to work like that? He said, "God has blessed me". I replied, If you are too busy for God, you are busier than he intends for you to be. Take time to thank him for the strength you have and for the business he blessed you with. Don't forsake him. Scripture reminds us to not forsake the assembling of ourselves together as most me do. Take a hint from Job. He said, "The Lord gives and the Lord takes away". "Blessed be the name of the Lord". Get the message. Something to chew on. More later. Pastor T.

No comments: