Thursday, March 27, 2008

Truth decay

There seems to be a growing problem today with Truth Decay. Like it's dental look alike, Tooth Decay, Truth Decay can be devastating. Any deviation from the Truth of God is a lie. As Southern Baptist we have finally gotten past the debates on the Scriptures. We have stated, what should have been a set fact for years, that the bible is the Inerrant, Infallible, Inspired word of God. Now we are involved in problems with people leaving established churches for new starts, the new reformation movement and the battle for "Relevancy". As for persons leaving established churches for new starts. I believe we ought to start new churches to reach the lost, I believe we have persons in our established churches that can be used to seed a new church. However there is a problem when person get mad at their church because a vote did not go their way or they are upset with another family, person and go out to start a church so they can have their own way. I call this Burger King religion. All they really want is to have it their way. Some have been stuck on the mathematics of church. Here's why, Baptist for years have been lousy at multiplication. But good at division. All the while wondering why God won't add to the church and then worry why some persons are subtracting themselves from it. I heard a preacher from Arizona the other day on his web site, video thing, bashing a church here in Anderson. The guy went on for sometime criticizing this church for having satanic symbols on the stage, a video game outside in the lobby and the music played. He made several references to the church here while preaching. He spent more time bashing the church than preaching the gospel. I understand the need to take a stand on scripture. I understand the need to defend doctrine. I believe we have to take a stand against the cults and false religions of our day and present the truth of God to a confused and disordered society. But to crush a ministry of Christ because we don't like the music or the way persons dress is just plain wrong. I remember when I was ordained into the ministry, my Pastor charged me from Paul's letter to Timothy. He reminded me to, Preach "The Word". Not opinion, conjecture, supposition, the latest thoughts of Doctor So and So, but to preach "The Word". Seems to me if we spend our time doing that and less time trying to sound super religious, our churches would experience growth. Personnaly I can't spend my time judging another church, that is a job for Christ, I need to spend it doing what God called me to do. Preach the Word. You can be assured it will be instant, in season and will rebuke those who need rebuking, exhort the church and edify Christ. Another scripture comes to mind to support this statement. Sanctify them through thy Truth, for thy word is TRUTH. John 14:6 Jesus said "I am, The Way, The Truth and The Life and no man comes to the father except by me." No where in there did I read through my opinion, your opinion. But simply by the Truth which is Jesus Christ..... More Later,

No comments: