Monday, July 21, 2008

Hostage series...


Sunday Message: Hostage - Worry

Are you being held Hostage by Worry.
Many persons are held captive by this well known hostage taker.

Here is the Outline for Sunday's service.

* WORRY IS THE SIN OF DISTRUSTING THE PROMISES AND POWER OF GOD.

For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.
2 Timothy 1:7 NKJV

…Do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? Matthew 6:25

There are three things you can do to stop the stranglehold of WORRY

1) I WILL DO WHAT GOD ASKS ME TO DO.

Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says. James 1:22

* Think on the right things.

* Do what is wise.

2) I WILL GIVE GOD WHAT I CANNOT DO.


Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7

Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you. 1 Peter 5:7

3) NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS, I WILL TRUST GOD.

But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself... Matthew 6:33-34

Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

I will do what God asks me to do. I will give God what I cannot do. No matter what happens, I will trust God.

No comments: