Tuesday, November 25, 2008

A Rose is a Rose........

A Rose is a Rose. Memories are so valuable and it is so sad to see them fade away. My father in law suffered with Alzheimers for several years. I watched and supported my wife as she endured the wasting away of her dads mental capacities and eventually his death in a veterans nursing home Alzheimers unit. It was brought back to me as I learned of another relative who is afflicted with this desease and her sons experiences as he does what he has to do with professional, family,time and distance issues. Prayer support and help with little chores is great and is needed but there are also times when what is needed is for someone to just shut up and listen.
I hope I can fill the part of shut up and listen if given the opportunity.
If there is one positive to this desease it is the bad memories will fade away just as fast as the pleasant ones do. The memories that last for the patient are the ones experienced in the present. My Brother I am here for you.

No comments: