Thursday, September 4, 2008

Baptism & 5th Sunday Night Singing



Just finished out reviewing the photo's and video's from the singing.
They will be out soon. I received a few comments on our series, "If I should Die before I Wake..." some folks were shocked by the photo's of me in "the Box". I have this to say about it. When they put me in the box I still won't be there. It is nice to know I fit in a standard size Casket though. My wife won't have to get me a XXL one:)

Ms Elizabeth Rogers
was Baptized Sunday before the morning service. What a great illustration of Death, Burial and Resurrection.

Special Thanks go out to Jacob Maxwell and Gary Welch for being my Pallbearers for the morning and making the presentation real. Especially the tapping from the "Box", also Thanks to Woodlawn - Sosebee Funeral Home of Anderson, S.C., for their assistance with the props for the Sunday morning service. Jim Sosebee and his staff went above and beyond to see that I had what I needed to get the right presentation.
I would have liked to had the Motorcycle Hearse brought it in but we could not get it in the doorways:)

Friday Night is coming up. Laborers of the Field at Broadway Lake. We will have Baptism service this friday night. I will be performing the baptism section and Dr. Sam Duncan will deliver the message.

Having received a letter from Fulmer Seminary, for it's Doctoral Studies Program.
I have sent off my transcripts and papers and am awaiting my scores to see if I have been accepted for the Doctoral Program in pastoral ministry. I have completed the coursework needed with the exception of the final Thesis. I chose to write about the Pastor's role in dealing with the terminally Ill and the grieving family. The extra courses from Southwestern helped out and they accepted my Bachelor in Christian Education and Masters Degree in Theology from Savannah Valley Bible College. Maybe I won't be 60 before I get my Doctorate.

Summer is coming to an end. Fall is in the air. College football is back. Now all we need is a little crisp cool air and the smell of a cozy fireplace stirring in the breeze.

Pastor T.

No comments: