Saturday, June 7, 2008

A whole week without blogging.....

Wow a whole week so packed I have not had time to visit the blog and write.
What has been a very hectic week extended on into the weekend as I had to return to my secular job after hours some this week, even last night on into early this morning.
I have been working on our One Prayer presentations for the next few weeks. I am having a lot of trouble trying to download some content from One Prayer to present. Thanks to Lee Bell, Security Director at NewSprings Church for the DVD Burner. It is working on files and videos from my computer, however the downloads from One Prayer do not seem to be working. I do not know why. I will probably be forced to download to Real Player and play them through a laptop hook up. This will make for some sound issues but I am determined not to let that stop us. We will be part of the One Prayer event as scheduled. Last week at Broadway Lake and the outreach we saw 4 people saved.
This week the crowd was real low. The heat may be taking it's effect on some, but you think it's hot here.... Pray for the 4 people who received Christ last Friday. We are going to schedule a baptism at the lake for those who received Christ as well as those who have accepted Christ but have not followed through in Baptism.
Summer has really hit us here in South Carolina. 100 degree days.

Vacation Bible School is coming up. A Hawaii Themed series.
The uniform of the day will be casual and tropical. Thank the Lord I still have all those shirts I bought for our Hawaii trip. Not to mention If I shave off my mustache and goatee I might look like Rick Warren... well maybe not.. I like to wear socks..

Praise the Lord in all things.. While I am blogging the DVD writer began to burn the message from Craig on the One Prayer series. If it works I may upload some of the messages to the blog.

Soldiers of the Cross will be taking it to the water soon. The pontoon boat donated to lakeview is going to be worked on as a project for the Men's ministry. We hope to have her shipshape soon. Then it will be used to preach the Gospel and as a platform for the ministry to use during events on Lake Hartwell.

More as time allows,

Pastor T

No comments: